2012 appears to be the year for the “Changing of the Guards” The following vendor organizations made significant changes to their executive roster over the past 8 months:
1. Yahoo: Scott Thompson moves on as Melissa Mayer takes over as CEO
2. HP: Bill Veghte takes over as Chief Operating Officer, under a Meg Whitman administration
3. Cisco: Padmasree Warrior takes over as Cisco’s chief strategy and technology officer
4. Cisco: Bruce Klein takes over as channel chief
5. Cisco: Piwowarczyk , director, operations, go-to-market business capabilities
6. IBM: Mark Hennessy, new channel chief
7. Symantec: John Eldh, new channel chief
8. Panasonic: Kazuhiro Tsuga, new president
9. Dell: John Swainson, head of Dell’s new Software Group
10. McAfee: Gavin Struthers, senior president, worldwide channels
11. Salesforce.com: Vivek Kundra, executive vice president
12. Logitech: Bracken Darrell, new president, on the road to CEO-2013 or so??
13. Avaya: Mark Randall, senior vice president and general manager-Networking
14. Avaya: Michael Runda, senior vice president and president-Client services
15. Avaya: Pierre-Paul Allard, senior vice president- Corporate strategy and development
16. Avaya: Mark Wilson, CMO
17. VMWare: Pat Gelsinger: New CEO
18. EMC: David Goulden, new President and COO
19. EMC: Paul Maritz, new Chief strategist EMC details…
And last but not least, how could we forget: RIM: Thorsten Heins taking over as CEO.
For the full list of C-suite changes amongst vendors and solution providers.